Wednesday 12 June 2013

The Lady of My love

There was a girl who came to me everyday,
She sat by my feet and stared at the day -
As the Sun kissed goodbye to the horizon,
And the stars appeared at the Moonlit bay.

I watched her speak to herself, everyday
Basking in the the soothing shade of my towers.
As the wind whistled through her golden locks,
Gusting her scent across my bowers.

She spoke of the love she lost as a child,
Of the loneliness of her life -
She spoke of the books they taught at school,
And the things that made her feel so like a fool!

Oh! how much I loved when she looked up at me,
To see the birds chirruping away as they built their nests
In my branches, A smile would cross her face -
Wondering if this was Nature's best!

I watched her as she played with the butterflies,
On weekends, she would laugh away the whole time!
The sunlight sifted through my leaves and her face
Shone even brighter than the Sun sublime.

I watched her as the days passed by,
She had grown into a beautiful lady.

Yet she came to me everyday,
She sat by my feet and stared at the day -
As the Sun kissed goodbye to the horizon,
And the stars appeared at the Moonlit bay.

While her rosy lips hummed the romantic songs, as they say,
I wondered how lucky was I to have her at my side, each day...


I have grown old, my bark
Has lost its shine and leaves have withered away.
She comes to me no more,
No one sits at my feet -

As the Sun kisses goodbye to the horizon,
And the stars appear at the Moonlit bay.

As I wait for the storm to take me away,
Hoping that the birds and the roots, stay
I wonder how lucky the Man of her dreams is
And I see them making merry with the breeze -

Hand in Hand on the edge of the sand,
'Neath the silverlit Moon,
Whilst the tide ebbs and flows,
Snatching away the sand underneath their foot.